Thursday, November 22, 2012

First ultrasound and a new EDD

We had our first ultrasound the day before Thanksgiving. Going into the appointment, I was incredibly nervous that we wouldn't be able to see anything, or that there wouldn't be a heartbeat and this would be another miscarriage. 

However, my fears were calmed as soon as we saw the little flicker of a heartbeat on the screen. John was standing next to me and holding my hand, and we both were shaking as the doctor said that everything looks just perfect with a nice strong heartbeat of 160 and a baby measuring a little bit ahead of schedule.

Look at this beautiful little gummy bear!













In fact, based on the measurements, my EDD has now been changed from July 1 to to June 28. I suspected that I ovulated early based on my chart, so it was great to finally have some confirmation of this. It's a little crazy to have jumped three days ahead in the pregnancy timeline, so my weekly updates will now be on Fridays.

What a great Thanksgiving blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment