Friday, February 22, 2013

22 weeks

I came down with a nasty cold last week and skipped my 21 week update, but I'm finally healthy and back to blogging!

how far along? 22 weeks

how big is baby? the size of a papaya

weight gain/loss? +8ish pounds

stretch marks? none

maternity clothes? I bought a few more maternity tops to add to my wardrobe

sleep? no complaints here

food cravings? avocados

symptoms? a sore tailbone - ouch

signs of labor? none

sex of baby? girl

movement? YES! I thought I felt a few muscle twitches throughout the day, and this evening when I laid down and put my hands on my stomach, I was able to definitely distinguish some gentle thumps. I've felt a few more each day since then, mostly after eating. It's such a relief to finally feel something!

belly button? still in, although it is getting shallower by the day

what I'm worrying about: figuring out maternity leave and the very real possibility that I won't be returning to work

what I'm loving: so many things to be thankful for - feeling movement, our kitchen remodel getting close to being done, and celebrating a wonderful first year of marriage (our anniversary is on Monday)

best moment this week? buying a glider and ottoman! I had been stalking Craigslist for weeks and was just about to give up hope of finding something that was both in good shape and in our price range, when I stumbled upon a one-year old Best Chairs upholstered glider with matching ottoman for only $200. Since John and I both had Monday off for President's Day, we immediately jumped in the pickup truck to go claim it. It's a lovely light green color (nice and neutral) and is incredibly comfortable. Score!


No comments:

Post a Comment