Friday, April 19, 2013

30 weeks

how far along? 30 weeks

how big is baby? the size of a cucumber (again, these fruit and veggie comparisons make no sense; in what universe is a cucumber larger than an acorn squash, eggplant, or cantaloupe?)

weight gain/loss? +15 pounds

stretch marks? maybe some faint ones around the sides of my hips

maternity clothes? yep

sleep? still sleeping through the night most evenings and it's getting more uncomfortable to roll over (I told John that it's like my ab muscles stopped working)

food cravings? cold cereal, specifically this new Kashi stuff

symptoms? numbness in my left hip and a little bit of heartburn

signs of labor? none

sex of baby? girl

movement? we have a wiggly worm! 

belly button? still hanging in there, although it's nearly gone

what I'm worrying about: I've had some awful dreams about stillbirth - so scary

what I'm loving: that this baby thing finally feels REAL. For so many weeks, I refused to let myself get too excited about the idea of having a baby; I was terrified about another miscarriage and didn't want to get my hopes up. Now that I've rounded the corner into the third trimester and the final countdown is on (less than 70 days to go!), I can finally allow myself to acknowledge this new life growing and kicking away inside of me.

best moment this week? painting the nursery (we went with a lovely neutral gray - "Dolphin Fin" by Behr) and assembling the crib; it's surreal and a little emotional to walk past that room now and see it transformed into a nursery!


No comments:

Post a Comment